Make spicy Asun (Goat Meat Barbecue) right from your kitchen in the next few minutes? Wondering how to fry scintillating Asun or simply put, how to prepare Asun? Get in here for tasty Asun recipes step by step guide.
Asun is traditional goat meat barbeque. A whole goat meat or part could be used depending on need. But a whole goat is usually cooked for an occasion. It goes well with a very chilled drink.
- Part or whole 1kg Goat Meat
- Fresh small red chilli peppers
- 1 bottle Groundnut oil
- 1 whole Onions
- Seasoning (Maggi, salt, curry etc)
- For a whole goat, cut out the head, the intestine, and the limbs and pierce a thick stick through the anus to the head. Brush kerosene or similar on the goat skin to roast out the hair then set up your barbeque equipment.
- Make firewood or light up the barbeque beneath the pierced goat. After 15 minutes take a mild knife and scrape off the burns on the skin. Wash thoroughly with soap and sponge to remove the kerosene smell and wash your hands with soap thoroughly.
- Place the goat on a chopping board. Dissect the goat meat into pieces, and fillet by removing all the bones, take a hammer or something strong to hit the meat to soften. Place content in a bowl and proceed to next step.
- Season the meat with Maggi, red chilli peppers, onions, garlic, curry etc cover the bowl and leave for 10 minutes.
- Make a local grill bar outside because of the smoke.
- Brush the meat with fat or oil, then place on the hot local grill bar to cook for 45mins, every 20 minutes keep turning the meat from side to side till well cooked add a little oil to prevent burnt.
- To get pepper soup with your Asun. After grilling add all the meat in a thick pan, add the pounded or sliced pepper with enough onions, add small quantity of water and stir.
- Do not add any more seasoning, cover to simmer for 30mins then serve with very chilled drink. Or Better still Instead of grilling, just season and cook for 45mins.