Make Isiewu right from your kitchen in the next few minutes? Wondering how to cook Isiewu or simply put, how to prepare Isiewu? Get in here for Isiewu recipes step by step guide.
Isiewu could either be used as an Nkwobi sauce or pepper–soup, it’s a sauce mostly eaten in the eastern part of Nigeria, and enough spicy pepper should be added to avoid nausea.
This Isiewu dish is truly delicious and will soon be your favourite. Hope you have fun cooking and eating it.
- 1 Goat head
- ½ oz Fresh blended or pounded chilli pepper
- 1 whole Onions
- Potassium salt (káhύn in Yoruba)
- 1 Tablespoon Palm oil
- Garden egg leaf /Utazi (optional)
- Boil the goat head meat with 1/4 of potassium salt to make it soften quickly because it takes time to cook, leave for 45 minutes.
- Take another thick pan and add small quantity of water, allow to warm, add 1 cooking spoon of palm oil, add 1/8 of 1 potassium to melt in the warm water for thickness, Add spicy pounded or dry chilli pepper, add a bit of dry or smoked crayfish (optional) and seasoning.
- Heat all together for 10 minutes; if too thick add bit water. Bring down to cool before adding the meat.
- Check the goat head, if well cooked and softened, Drain out the water, and mix the meat alone inside the sauce. Rinse and add Utazi leaf or spinach vegetable leaf and also add slices of a bulb of onion to spice it up Serve the Isiewu goat head sauce with very chilled drink
Note: There should be enough pepper to avoid being nauseated, you could boil the vegetable for 1min depending on your taste but not compulsory.