Make Puff Puff right from your kitchen in the next few minutes? Wondering how to cook Puff Puff or simply put, how to prepare Puff Puff? Get in here for Puff Puff recipes step by step guide.
How To Prepare Puff Puff
This snack has really made its way into the hearts of many especially Nigerians. Most parties are never getting started without small chops.
The most amazing aspect of this snack is that it doesn’t cost much to have several dozens of them prepared and if the right measurements are put in place, you’re sure to have an awesome puff puff.
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- A cup of sugar. You will love your puff puff sweetened.
- Pinch of salt
- Half table spoon of nutmeg
- 2 fresh eggs (optional )
- Half cup of milk
- A sachet of all purpose yeast. Which is about 500ml. N:B This yeast can be purchased in the market for a very low price and it doesn’t require you to desolve it in hot water before usage. All that is required of you to do is to mix it with the dry ingredients and your good to go.
- But if perhaps your unable to get across to this type of yeast, you can subscribe to baking yeast and use one table spoon full but desolve it in hot water before adding it to the dry ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
PREPARATORY PROCESS :
Step 1 :
Sieve your flour into a dry bowl
Step 2 :
Add sugar, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, all purpose yeast and milk into the flour, mix thoroughly using hands or spatula, if your sure to do a good job using spatula.
Step 3 :
Whisk the eggs thoroughly and add them to the dry mixture and mix thoroughly.
Step 4 :
Add one cup of warm water into the dry mixture. Mix thoroughly, cover with foil pepper and wrap with thick towel and set it aside in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
This will enable the puff puff to double in size and become very fluffy.
Step 5 :
Set enough quantity of oil on fire and allow to heat up before you start frying in small ball wraps.
Step 6 :
Fry in small quantities not to cluster the frying pan and allow space for the puff puff to rise, turn constantly till it turns golden brown.
Set on kitchen towel to drain excess oil and serve with any cold drink of your choice.