I made pizza a few days ago and had left over dough. I didn’t want to freeze it or throw it way, so I thought, “Let me make rolls!”
I love this recipe because it’s super fast, cheap and easy to make, plus it’s a great dough for many different things.
Flour – 3½ cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Vegetable Oil – ¼ cup
Warm Water – 1¼ cup
Sugar – 1 tsp
Active Dry Yeast – 2¾ tsp
- In a large bowl, pour in sifted flour, salt and oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, pour in warm water, sugar and yeast. Stir around a bit until yeast is completely dissolved.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and begin to knead with one hand (or use hook attachment with an electric mixer.) When all the flour is incorporated, the dough is ready.
- Divide the dough into equal pieces (about 100g each) and roll them to form a ball.
- Place them side by side in a greased pan (9x5inch or 10″ round) lined with parchment (baking paper) *
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Brush top of rolls with an egg wash ** and let sit for about 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Place pan in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 mins. Top should be golden brown when ready.
Enjoyed best when warm!
* I added strawberry jam and a bit of cream cheese in the middle of each of my rolls. This is optional.
** An egg wash is beaten eggs which you can mix with water or milk.