How To Use GTBank Internet Banking and Transfer with 737 Mobile
Here is the GTbank Online Money Transfer post.
This post will outline how to use Gtbank Nigeria Online Money transfer platform.
There’s also a section on features of GTbank Internet banking.
Quickly Jump to:
GTbank 737 Money Transfer
Transfer from GTBank to GTB Accounts
- Dial *737*1*Amount*NUBAN Account No# e.g. *737*1*1000*1234567890# from the phone number you get your GTB alerts.
- Enter the last four digits of your GTBank Naira MasterCard in the next screen.
- Wait for confirmation. it’s that simple.
GTBank Transfer to Other Banks
Transfer from GTB to other Bank’s :
- Dial *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account No# from the mobile number registered with the Bank.
- Chose the recipient’s bank from the list (First Bank, Access, Diamond, UBA, etc)
- Then input the last four digits of your GTBank Naira MasterCard in the next screen.
- Wait for transaction confirmation.
You will receive debit alert once the transfer is successful.
Wikipedia has defined online/Internet banking as an electronic payment system that enables customers of bank or other financial institution to conduct a range of financial transactions through the financial institution’s website.
Internet banking in Nigeria has been greatly facilitated by the development of Information and Communication Technology such that banks’ customers have slowly opted to the use of Internet Banking as a quicker method than the earlier traditional over-the-counter transactions. Banking has come a long way since the manual use of tellers for withdrawals and deposits.
Internet banking in Nigeria has continued to evolve as innovation, conveniences and other perks has been offered. More often, banks tailor their online banking website to suit their customers’ needs. Without a long trip/ long travels to the banking hall, customers can conveniently conduct transactions/businesses on the go. Most banks offer the feature although a few have managed to stand out. The likes of GTB, Zenith, Diamond, Stanbic IBTC, amongst others blaze the trail in internet banking.
Different types of financial transactions a customer can do on the internet platform of a bank ranges from obtaining account balances, list of recent transactions (debit or credit), electronic payments, airtime and data bundle, etc.
GTB is one of such banks with a robust online banking platform that combines innovation and speed with an almost impregnable security. Transferring funds via GTB online environment is without hassles. It literally brings the bank to you. With a state-of- the- art technology, you can perform over 90% of your bank transactions online in real-time, as long as you’ve got internet connection.
Features of GTB Internet Banking
Features of GTB internet banking includes:
- 3rd party transfers from a current/savings account to any GTB account or other banks
- Check balances, monitor transactions and print out account statements
- Pay utility bills, transfer funds between own accounts
- Request, confirm and stop cheques
- Pay US visa fees
- Booking flight tickets on the following airlines- British Airways/Liberia, Alitalia Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Delta Airlines, Aviareps-Afriqiyah Airways
- Transfer of foreign currencies (dollars, Pounds, Euro) from a domiciliary account to anyone in the world
- Change password and update personal details
How to Use GTbank Online Money Transfer
Outlined are practical steps enabling an account holder transfer money/fund in real-time using the GTB online transfer.
- For starters, you must most definitely own a GTB account. Of course, you cannot initiate a transfer without one.
- Secondly, you should have your login details (User Id & password). On account opening, the system automatically profiles your account to receive login details that will be used to access your account and start your transaction. Log on to https://ibank.gtbank.com/ibank3/login.aspx. The loaded page would display where you’d enter your login details, as seen below:
- Type in your username and use the on-screen keypad to enter your password. (GTB introduced this feature to give more security. This is because on-screen keyboard prevents key logger (a malware installed in your computer by hackers to capture key presses and send to their site). In summary, on-screen keyboard helps to prevent password cloning. Then click login.
- On the open page, click on Account Transfer tab on the left corner of the page to start a transaction. Refer below:
- Depending on the type of transaction you want to conduct, select transfer to other banks (Instant), if you are transferring to a 3rd party, and if you want the receiver to get the money immediately.
Note that: if you are using the platform for the first time, you are required to activate it with your token.
- Fill out the transaction form. Add your beneficiary. Fill in the bank details of your beneficiary. The page will confirm if you want to initiate transfer, click Yes to continue or No to cancel.
- Thereafter, a confirmation page would display. This is where you will enter the code generated by your token device. A token device is a hardware security device used to generate transaction codes for 3rd party transfers and other e-channels. The codes are used to authenticate and authorize each transactions. The device token is sold at any GTB branch at N2,100 (exclusive of VAT). CLICK SEND
- And just like that, with the next few minutes, the payee receives alert for a transaction you probably did while on the move. It’s that simple. The opposite is obtainable if the NEFT transfer option was selected, where transfers are effected same day if sent before 12 pm, and next day if effected after 12pm.
Except during scheduled maintenance, the GTB internet services can be accessed 24/7, 365 days/year from anywhere in the world. Daily maximum transfer limit is set at N6,500,000 (Six million, five hundred thousand) naira per customer. Though transfer within GTB accounts is privileged to set the required limit per beneficiary.
Other types of GTBank transfers include:
- Own account transfer– where you can make a transfer between various accounts domiciled in GTB owned by you. E.g current to savings account
- Transfer to other GTB account– from any of your account to other GTB account
Despite associated risks, Internet Banking has come to stay in Nigeria without a doubt. GTB being among top-notch banks with an online system that ACTUALLY works makes banking easy. Open a GTB account and enjoy a seamless service at your convenience.