Adalu (beans and corn porridge) is a well-liked conventional Nigerian dish. It is also referred to as ‘Ewa ati Agbado’ in Yoruba and ‘Agwa na Oka’ in Igbo.
It is a superb fusion of stewed beans and sweetcorn. In this luxurious meal, you get one of the best of each meals in a single meal. If you’re not a lover of beans, this recipe will make you rethink.
- 2 cups honey beans/black eyed beans
- 2 cooking spoons palm oil
- 1-2 cups candy corn/recent corn
- 1 tomato
- 1 scotch bonnet (rodo)
- 2 pink bell pepper(tatashe)
- 1 huge onion sliced
- A handful of dried crayfish
- Seasoning dice(s) to style
- three cloves of garlic minced
- Salt to style
How to Prepare:
- Blend the bell peppers, tomato and scotch bonnet right into a easy paste and put aside.
- Pick and wash your beans, get your corn prepared and put aside.
- Set a pot on excessive warmth, pour in your washed beans.
- Add sufficient water to cowl the beans and cook dinner until half-way achieved. Do keep in mind to verify each now and then, additionally add extra water when vital.
- While the beans is cooking, set a small pot on medium warmth. Add the palm oil, when it’s sizzling, add half of the chopped onions. Sauté until translucent.
- Now add the blended pepper, seasoning dice(s) and salt to style.
- Fry until oil floats to the highest, when it does, change the warmth off and put aside.
- Check on the beans. When it’s half achieved, add the remaining sliced onions, add the garlic and salt to style. Continue to cook dinner until tender.
- When it’s tender (you possibly can mash half of the beans in order for you at the moment) add the fried stew, then stir and mix.
- Add the corn, mix, depart to cook dinner for three minutes.
- Now add the crayfish, combine, and depart to cook dinner for an extra 2 minutes.
- Food is prepared.
Tip: To keep away from cooking for too lengthy, soak your beans in a single day, this helps to soften it prior to the cooking course of and additionally helps to cut back flatulence.
Sources: Sisi Jemimah, Nigerian Food TV