Who says meals have to be boring? Add selection and spice to your cooking with this tacky black bean and corn potato rounds. It’s not solely nutritious, however it's also a delight.
You can customise it in case you don’t like black beans by doubling the corn and omitting the black beans or utilizing kidney beans as a substitute.
- three massive potatoes, sliced into ⅓-inch thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- three slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup candy corn
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- Green pepper, drained
- ½ teaspoon floor pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, for serving
- Chopped inexperienced onions, for garnish
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Grease 2 medium-sized baking sheets with olive oil and lay the potatoes out in a single layer.
- Brush the potato tops evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes till fork-tender.
- Line a small baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Lay out the bacon and bake about 10 minutes or till crispy. Remove and place on paper towels to drain and crumble when cooled.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a frying pan set over medium-low warmth. Add the onion, beans, corn, tomatoes and floor pepper to the pan and prepare dinner, stirring typically about 10 minutes. Season to style with salt and pepper and permit to cool.
- When the potatoes are tender take away from the oven and sprinkle the tops evenly with about half the cheese. Spoon the corn combination over the tops and press them gently into the potatoes – the cheese will assist maintain them in place.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese excessive of every one adopted by a sprinkle of bacon.
- Preheat the broiler with the oven rack within the centre. Place the potatoes underneath it till the cheese melts and will get a bit toasty about 5 minutes, verify typically.
- Serve with bitter cream and a sprinkle of inexperienced onions.
You can serve them as an appetizer or as a meal.