ETAD Consult – Our client is a major player in the Manufacturing industry with specialisation in pharmaceutical products. Due to the restructuring presently going on in their company, they urgently require the services of suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health and Safety Director
- Foster the implementation of the Group Health & Safety roadmap in all the business units of the company:
- Provide assistance, coaching and support to the business units for the elaboration and sharing of Health & Safety Policies, standards and procedures aligned with the company’s requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation in all locations of the company.
- Assess compliance through recurrent safety audits.
- Participate in the evaluation of technical skills and competences of the Health & Safety network in addition to participating in recruitment processes.
- Activate Health & Safety improvements throughout the company:
- Help and challenge the company in defining their health and safety annual plan.
- Validate and challenge root cause analysis and action plans for major accidents or near misses and ensure follow up of action plans.
- Facilitate experience sharing and convergence in Health & Safety.
- Benchmark company’s best practices nationwide while respecting local preferences and priorities but ensuring company level improvements.
- Elaborate periodic follow ups of Health & Safety results through the country, analyzing trends, actions and network effectiveness.
- Implement Health & Safety programs defined by the company in all locations and give needed support.
- Work with Health & Safety network to propose safety actions and programs to address the company’s business need.
- Consolidation all levels of the company’s performance indicators.
- Ensure Health & Safety is one of the company’s core values:
- Coach and challenge the Executive Council and plant managers on safety, leadership and performance.
- Raise the profile of the company’s safety initiative.
- In line with the company policy, develop training programs for leaders and attract talent in Health & Safety positions.
- Develop close communication within and across business units.
- Coach and assist the Health & Safety network in the company and act as liaison within the Region.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree.
- MBA, M.Sc or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5-10 years HSE experience
- Knowledge in corporate HSE management, operations, safety audits, management information systems.
- Budget planning & preparation.
- Project management expertise and strategic planning & development
- Ability to deliver results.
- Have professional confidence.
- Must be a strategic thinker.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2018.