Sule Lamido University Kafin Hausa was established by the Jigawa State Government in May 2013. It is the 39th State-owned University licensed by the National Universities Commission (NUC) and 129th in the Nigerian University System (NUS).
The Governing Council of Sule Lamido University Kafin Hausa has declared that the post of the Vice-Chancellor of the University will be vacant from 5th December, 2018. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be the Chief Executive and Chief Academic Officer of the University and shall exercise general supervision over the University.
- He/she shall be Ex-Officio Chairman of Senate, Congregation and member of Council.
- He/she shall be responsible to Council for the day to day management of the human, financial and material resources of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates shall possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Be a highly distinguished academic with a Ph.D.;
- Be on the rank of Professor attained in a reputable University for at least five (5) years;
- Be a person of very high academic standing and reputation in his/her discipline;
- Be a successful scholar who is well rooted in the finest academic traditions;
- Be a person with wide contacts and exposure in the International, National and the State’s educational goals and objectives;
- Have had a wide academic and administrative experience at a reputable University and be capable of giving dynamic leadership;
- Be able to engender both national and international respect, particularly in the academic world;
- Possess the ability to create the much needed harmony between members of the University community on one hand and the wider community on the other;
- Be a person with a clear vision and capacity to pursue the continuous development of the University even under resource constraint and other challenges;
- Be prepared to demonstrate commitment to the University’s Vision, Mission and core values, as well as the pursuit of its strategic objectives;
- Should be an individual who, judging from his/her track records, is likely to command the respect as well as loyalty of members of staff and students of the University;
- Be morally sound, physically fit and of unassailable integrity;
- Be free from financial encumbrances;
- Be someone who shall promote the policy of non-discrimination (on the basis of gende special needs, etc.);
- Be someone who appreciates and acts on merit and who will not succumb to undue pressure;
- Possess appreciable computing skills as well as the ability to embrace Information and Communications Technology; and
- Shall not be above the age of sixty-five (65) at the point of assumption of duty as Vice- Chancellor.
Tenure and Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of Five (5) years.
- The Salary and other conditions of service shall be as applicable to what obtains in the Nigerian University System and/or as determined by Council.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 19th October, 2018